– Usable ISO6400 = 2 stop improvement = faster shutter speeds, or lower light capability
– Huge LCD.. much easier to see!
– Video is a nice toy (for weddings)
– Live view is a nice toy (for weddings; it’s indispensable for astrophotos)
– Controls are the same as the 40D, my backup camera.. huge ergonomic thing.. now I can change the camera settings much faster since they’re the same.
– 21.1 Megapixels
– Usable SRAW1 mode which yeilds 10 megapixel shots, the same as the 40D (also a 10 MP camera). Save on card and disk space.
Already used the camera at Meg + Steve’s wedding, and it performed flawlessly. Can’t wait to really grow familiar with it over the next couple years. If funds allow, I will definitely pick up a second copy.