Jessica and Kraig came out to Rochester to shoot a session with me on film.. yes film- dark rooms, negatives and scans kind of film I came in contact with Kraig through the wedding industry, as he runs his own videography business (Kadams Media Productions) while in school at Buffalo State for cinema. We totally rocked the session.. I did sneak in 2 digital shots in this set, can you figure them out?
Archive: ‘For Photographers’
While the best gear does not mean you will get excellent photography, it certainly can provide unique capabilities that other equipment pieces can’t offer. In the hands of an skilled artist, they are made to sing. I am working right now to be that skilled artist in time for these upcoming weddings.
– Usable ISO6400 = 2 stop improvement = faster shutter speeds, or lower light capability
– Huge LCD.. much easier to see!
– Video is a nice toy (for weddings)
– Live view is a nice toy (for weddings; it’s indispensable for astrophotos)
– Controls are the same as the 40D, my backup camera.. huge ergonomic thing.. now I can change the camera settings much faster since they’re the same.
– 21.1 Megapixels
– Usable SRAW1 mode which yeilds 10 megapixel shots, the same as the 40D (also a 10 MP camera). Save on card and disk space.
Already used the camera at Meg + Steve’s wedding, and it performed flawlessly. Can’t wait to really grow familiar with it over the next couple years. If funds allow, I will definitely pick up a second copy.